Biophysics of Macromolecules – Overview
- Lecture Notes
Prof. Dr. Jan Lipfert
Dr. Willem Vanderlinden
Lab website: [Link]
Exams and Results
- Bonus points from the tutorials (problem set presentations) [PDF]
- The final exams will be oral exams, either in person (at Amalienstrasse 54) or online (via Zoom).
- Exam schedule: Students who have given Tuesday July 20 as their exam preference have been contacted by email. Here is the schedule for the exams on Friday, July 23, 2021: [PDF]. If you have not received an email for a Tuesday exam and are not on the schedule for Friday, please get in touch with me by email.
- If you have requested on online exam, you should have received an email with a Zoom link from me. If you have requested an in person exam, please come at least 5 min before your time slot to the first floor of Amalienstrasse 54 (when you come up the stairs, just turn left through the glass doors). More pointers on how to find my office are here: [link].
- Final grades for the course (these are based on the oral exams and include bonus points from the problem sets and TED talks): [PDF, with password]
- How to get credit for the course ("Scheine"): We are writing and signing the "Scheine" and will transfer them to the "Prüfungsamt" of the Physics Department. You can pick them up there, details on how to do so in pandemic times are here [link].
Course format: online lectures and sign up
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 corona virus pandemic, we will use online lectures and discussion sections via Zoom during this semester.
- To facilitate communication, please sign up for the course in the LSF system (https://lsf.verwaltung.uni-muenchen.de). You will received an email with the Zoom meeting information to participate in the lectures. If you have not signed up, please do so. If you cannot sign up for some reason, but want to participate in the course, send me an email (Jan.Lipfert@lmu.de).
- Recordings of the Zoom lectures will be made available in the LMU cast system. Follow the link in the "Recording" tab above. You need to log into the LMU cast system using your LMU account to access the videos
- The course has a Moodle page: [Link]
- To sign up for the Moodle page, you need the registration key ("Einschreibeschlüssel"): "BiophysicsSS2021".
- Feel free to use the Forum on the Moodle page to ask questions, give comments, and connect with your classmates and lecturers. Most course materials (lectures slides, problems sets, solutions to problem sets, etc.) will be provided on this website and not on the Moodle page.
- Tuesdays 10:15 - 12:00
- Thursdays 12:15 - 14:00
Credits: 4 SWS = 6 ECTS