TB1: Quantum Field Theory (Quantum Electrodynamics) – Overview
- Exercise Sheets
About the lecture
Time and placeThursday 14:00-18:00 CET, Theresienstrasse 37/ A 249
Start: 20 October 2022
The lectures will be given in person and will be broadcasted via ZOOM.
The tutorials will be given fully online, at least for the time being.
This is an introductory course on Quantum Field Theory.
Program of the Course
- Principles of classical field theory (e.g. Noether theorem, conserved currents and charges)
- Canonical quantization of scalar, fermionic and gauge fields
- S-Matrix formalism and Feynman diagrams
- Quantum Electrodynamics (QED)
- Mandl & Shaw: Quantum Field Theory
- Peskin & Schroeder: An Introduction to Quantum Field Theory
- Itzykson & Zuber: Quantum Field Theory
- Rubakov: Classical Theory of Gauge Fields
- Maggiore: A Modern Introduction to Quantum Field Theory