Advanced Topics in Nanophotonics – Overview
This course will convey advanced topics in the field of nanophotonics, in the form of a hybrid lecture/seminar style. Student assessment will be via presentations.
About the lecture
Time and placeLecture: Tuesdays 14:00-16:00 c.t.
Tutorial: Thursdays 14:00-16:00 c.t.
Lectures at Conference Room and Tutorials at Alpenblick Seminar Room, both at the Nanoinstitut München (Königinstraße 10)
Lecture starts May 3rd, tutorials start May 12th.
The following topics of nanophotonics will be covered
• Plasmonics: Propagating and localized surface plasmons
• Mid-IR Nanophotonics: Breaking the diffraction limit with phonon polaritons
• Applications of polariton-based nanophotonics in ICT, sensing, and energy
• Nanophotonics of atomically thin 2D materials
• Metasurfaces and metaoptics
• Fundamental aspects of nanophotonic biosensing
• Chiral nanophotonics from plasmonic to all-dielectric
• Nanophotonics at ultrasmall distances: towards the quantum regime
• Advanced applications of nanophotonic strong coupling
• Optical microcavities
• Thermometry in nanoscale
• Single quantum emitters
• Metal nanoparticles colloids: control of optical properties
M.Sc. Andrea Mancini, email@example.com
Note: If you would like to get credits for this course, please also register for the Tutorials ("Übungen") in the LMU online course system at https://lsf.verwaltung.uni-muenchen.de/
Verantwortlich für den Inhalt: Prof. Leonardo Menezes