Advanced Topics in Nanophotonics – Overview
This course will convey advanced topics in the field of nanophotonics, in the form of a hybrid lecture/seminar style. Student assessment will be via presentations.
About the lecture
Time and placeLecture: Tuesday 14:00-16:00 c.t.
Tutorial: Thursdays 14:00-16:00 c.t.
Format: Online lectures and tutorials through Zoom
Lecture starts April 20th, tutorials start April 29th.
The following topics of nanophotonics will be covered
• Plasmonics: Propagating and localized surface plasmons
• Mid-IR Nanophotonics: Breaking the diffraction limit with phonon polaritons
• Applications of polariton-based nanophotonics in ICT, sensing, and energy
• Nanophotonics of atomically thin 2D materials
• Metasurfaces and metaoptics
• Fundamental aspects of nanophotonic biosensing
• Chiral nanophotonics from plasmonic to all-dielectric
• Nanophotonics at ultrasmall distances: towards the quantum regime
• Advanced applications of nanophotonic strong coupling
• Optical microcavities
• Thermometry in nanoscale
• Single quantum emitters
• Metal nanoparticles colloids: control of optical properties
Verantwortlich für den Inhalt: Dr. Luca Sortino